About the Reserve Bank of India:
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated.Though originally privately owned, since nationalisation in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
- The Reserve Bank of India, New Delhi, will be conducting an interview for filling up 2 (two) posts (One unreserved and One reserved for SC candidate) of Medical Consultant (MC) on contract basis, with fixed hourly remuneration.
2. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc. in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. The Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who have not been called for the interview.
3. The shortlisted applicant/s after interview will be subjected to medical tests as per prescribed norms before engagement of the services of Medical Consultant (MC). The cost of these medical tests will have to be borne by the applicant/s at their own cost.
4. Candidates selected for the post will be engaged subject to their being found medically fit, completion of verification of documents and acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Contract as per Annex – I and Code of Conduct as per Annex – II.
5. The selected applicant has to sign an agreement for Contract with the Bank before engagement of their services as Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
Medical Consultant :
job opportunities in Reserve Bank of India on contract basis
No. of Posts : 2
Qualification : MBBS and min 2 yrs experience
Pay : Rs.850 per hour
Engagement of the services of Bank’s Medical Consultant (on contractual basis):
1. To attend to Bank’s dispensaries at Main Office Building premises with above prescribed duty hours as mentioned in para (vi) of the Advertisement (or for period as may be necessary) excluding Bank holidays except days declared as holidays for purposes of half-yearly closing and annual closing subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive days. The Bank may use the services of the Medical Consultant at its other dispensaries located at residential colonies/ Main office premises on requirement.
2. To give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff including touring staff of the Bank, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members/their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during that time (the timings and/or duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank). You will be available for consultation at your private clinic in urgent cases in respect of employees of the Bank at any time with charges at the rate prescribed in the schedule. The Schedule of charges applicable to the Staff/Officers of the Bank would be made available on request.
3. To provide the facilities referred to in paragraph (2) above to the relatives of the employees who have been permitted to reside with them in the Staff Quarters and facilitate recovery of charges from the employees for credit to the bank’s account at the rates prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
4. To perform duties similar to those of a General Medical Practitioner irrespective of whatever post-graduate or other medical qualifications you may possess / acquire in future. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that the qualifications you hold or acquire in future do not restrict you in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner and if as per any stipulations by the Indian Medical Association, the qualification you hold or acquire as the case may be comes into conflict with the Bank’s requirements as indicated above, to work as a general practitioner, you will be required to ensure that no liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same.
5. The duties of the Medical Consultant at the RBI dispensary will also include, apart from other requirements as mentioned above:
(i) Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call on you.
(ii) Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the departments or in the Bank’s premises or outside the Bank’s premises and reference to appropriate Hospitals whenever called upon to attend even when such necessity arises outside your normal working hours.
(iii) Administration of all types of injections – The responsibility for administering all types of injections rests with you for any untoward reaction. As a rule, administration of injections by the Pharmacists in your absence is to be discouraged. You will be required to train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when the work is heavy.
(iv) The important dressings and minor surgeries are to be handled only by you. If you are convinced that the pharmacist have the requisite competence, routine dressings may be handled by them.
6. To visit any member of the Bank’s Staff staying in the Quarters whenever required to do so by the Bank and submit a report on their health. For such visits you will be paid visit fees as per the schedule of rates fixed by the Bank.
7. To issue certificate in support of leave on medical grounds wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, if you are satisfied about the genuineness of the case.
8. To attend the officers and members of their family at their residence when required by them and will be entitled to charge them a visit fee or consultation fee, as fixed by the Bank having regard to the local conditions. The visit fee/consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges should be levied by you for such visits.
9. If and when required to do so, you will certify in such form as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to the state of health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
10. To issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special/costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank’s staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of the relative bills.
11. To use your good offices for securing hospital facilities in case the employees of the Bank or their families (for indoor hospitalization under Direct Settlement facility) require such facilities in the hospital.
12. In case of cardio-vascular or other major emergencies and accidents, to accompany the patient to the hospital, if he/she is available at the location.
13. To inspect the office premises/Staff Quarters and Officers’ Quarters once a month and report whether they are kept in a sanitary any hygienic condition.
14. To do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid, etc. and vaccination for small-pox whenever necessary.
15. To submit an annual report as on the 30th June in the prescribed form on the general health of the staff.
16. Responsibilities for the proper storage of medicines and their distribution and you will arrange the maintenance of all necessary records for the purpose.
17. To advise on drug indents, and to counter-check the drug stock-balance and consumption.
18. To give professional opinion including reasonableness of the cost of treatment pertaining to the various items of medical claims as and when the same are referred to you.
19. To attend to any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time relating to administration of Bank’s Medical Facilities Scheme and Medical Assistance Fund Scheme including dispensary facility as are generally performed / required to be performed by a General Medical Practitioner.
20. The remuneration is fixed at Rs.850/- per hour for the entire 3 years of contract. The fixed remuneration is payable on a monthly basis. Further, no superannuation benefits, viz. Pension, Provident Fund or Gratuity will be payable. No leave would be admissible. No perquisites/facilities also would be made available. If required to attend to the Dispensary on any public holiday, compensation @ Rs.850/- per hour would be paid. Taxes on the income would be deducted at sources as per extant rates and Government notifications.
21. In the event of your absenting from duty, you shall be required to make substitute arrangements acceptable to the Bank, in terms of qualification and experience at your own risk and cost.
22. To adhere to the Code of Conduct for Medical Consultants of the Bank as given in the Annex – II to this terms and conditions.
23. You will be under the administrative control of the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, New Delhi.
24. Your contract will be valid for a period of three years from the date of engagement, subject to your accepting the above terms and conditions in Annex I and observing the code of conduct of the Bank as given in Annex – II.
25. The engagement under the contract is temporary. No claim shall lieu for regular employment on that basis at any stage or for pay and perks payable to regular employees.
26. The Bank reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time and alter the duty hours and location of dispensary at its discretion in case it becomes expedient to suit administrative and operative requirements.
27. The contract will be terminable during the period of the contract on three months’ notice on either side or three months remuneration calculated on the basis of hours per month in lieu thereof.
28. Any dispute arising on account of the contract shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Delhi.
How To Apply:
Applications are to be sent to the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Human Resource Management Department (Recruitment Section),6, Sansad Marg, New Delhi – 110 001 on or before 04-12-2019.