About the FIS:
FIS is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients business forward.
FIS off campus Drive Details :
|Batch:||2019- 2020/ Batch|
|Salary:||Best in industry|
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs device configurations, internal operating system upgrades and software upgrades and deploys network devices including routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls.
• Follows documented network services processes and procedures – identifies gaps in processes or documentation and suggests improvements.
• Monitors responds and provides resolution for all network problem and incident tickets.
• Utilizing case management system (CMS), documents status updates and problem resolutions.
• Performs customer service duties and responds to customer requests as defined by management.
• Responds to customer requests as defined by management completing assignments in a timely manner with an acceptable level of quality.
• Troubleshoots network problems and recommends corrective procedures; assists with troubleshooting circuit equipment and all other network issues.
• Prepares activity reports as requested by management.
• Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and creates supporting documentation for review by peers and management.
• Maintains network services documentation related to the work area.
• Completes network change requests in accordance with service level agreements.
• Maintains network lab and equipment inventory.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Knowledge of network technologies, i.e., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS
• Knowledge of basic IT technologies, i.e., operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture
• Requires knowledge of basic office tools
• Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
How to Apply for Fis careers 2020:
Apply Link: Click Here