About the Expedia:
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world’s travel platform, with the power to bring the world within reach for millions of people. Our extensive brand portfolio includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands, powered by the most knowledgeable, passionate and creative people in our business.
Expedia off campus drive Details:
|Position:||Software Development Engineer|
|Job Location:||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Experience Needed:||0-3 Years|
|Salary:||Best in industry|
We’ll take your career on a journey that’s flexible and right for you, whilst recognising and rewarding your achievements…
- A conversation around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one/your first conversations with Hotels.com.
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the wider Expedia Group.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- Cash and Stock rewards for high achievers.
- Great travel rewards and discounts for all employees!
What you’ll do:
As a Software development Engineer I in this team, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high-quality results. You will have the chance to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. We guarantee you’ll learn a lot and won’t be bored!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Writing code — lots of it. Much of our code is in Java, but we use all kinds of languages and frameworks, e.g spring, Cassandra, Redis, Docker, Kubernates, Wiremock, AWS… and we welcome programmers of all backgrounds
- Working in an agile team and look for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback.
- You will provide technical guidance to other team members, review work of peers and more junior developers.
- You will act as point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
- Being part of the second Hotels.com team in India would mean that your input and participation will be critical to the scaling of Hotels.com India operations
- Work with the business and technology groups to refine requirements and functional specifications
- Along with the rest of the delivery team, responsible for delivering a product that satisfies customer-driven user stories
- Develop code, unit tests and automate acceptance tests in a continuously integrated environment
- Promote good development methodologies via code review and great software design
- Proactively monitor the health of applications owned by the team and address issues
- Encourage people to look at new ways of doing things
- Take care of our development tools and improve our continuous deployment process