About the Company:
BlueOptima provides industry-leading objective metrics in software development using our proprietary Coding Effort Analytics. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at a lower cost. Founded in 2006, BlueOptima is a profitable, high-growth independent software company. Our unique technology was initially devised in seminal research carried out at Cambridge University.
BlueOptima off campus Drive Details 2020:
|Position:||Senior Front-End Engineer|
|Experience Needed:||0-0 yrs|
|Salary:||Best in industry|
- Participate and perform code review that aligns to required standards of security, performance and code-quality
- Interact with the users of the Interface to understand varying use cases and record requirements
- Work with the Support team to resolve issues raised by users and/or provide quick workarounds for significant issues
- Participate in solution architecture design and implementation
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem
- Performance tuning of application code at different service levels and incorporating design changes to improve performance of the application
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure understanding of the implications of your UI implementation, how best they can test it, and which areas may require specific focus.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 6+ years of working experience on UI development
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience with any modern JS framework i.e. React, Angular, Vue
- Strong understanding of browser compatibility issues and cross-browser implementation and testing
- Strong understanding of profiling application performance on different browsers, including measuring of memory used
- Strong understanding of UI usability aspects and working with Single Page Web Application
- Thorough understanding of RESTful web services and experience working with them.
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Why work for us?
- Above market remuneration
- Stimulating challenges that fully utilise your skills
- Great modern office in ideal location and with free coffee and beer
- Travel opportunities to BlueOptima’s international offices
- Work on real-world technical problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Working alongside other passionate, talented engineers
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with UI (Integration test, E2E, BDD) testing (e.g. Protractor, selenium, Cucumber)
- Experience in CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins
- Experience using task tracking system like Jira and distributed version control system like Git
- Experience using using build tools e.g. grunt, gulp
- Experience with using NodeJS to emulate server and host application locally without deployment on an app-server.
- Experience with responsive design and/or material, flexbox, grid design
- Experience working together with Product Manager and Design teams