About the Beckman:
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics is a $3.2 Billion in vitro diagnostics operating company that is wholly owned by Danaher Corporation. The position of Software Engineer reports to the Beckman Coulter Diagnostics IDC Manager, Clinical IT and Software Development, with the primary responsibility to support development and deployment of embedded application-platform.
Beckman off campus Drive Details :
|Experience Needed:||0-2 yrs|
|Salary:||Best in industry|
Job Description :
The Beckman Coulter DxONE PROService application is an enterprise software solution hosted regionally to provide secure remote monitoring and service of lab instruments. This solution utilizes a proprietary IoT connectivity device placed at the customer premise that enables remote monitoring from a central location. The candidate will work on building, deploying and maintaining embedded Linux OS image that contains multiple open-source packages along with our custom application software.
Key Accountabilities :
- Generate entire software image for the target device, including the kernel, device drivers, libraries, and application software, and the bootloader for proprietary IOT connectivity device(s).
- Software packaging with RPM building and management
- Define the process to upgrade the new Linux package to existing hardware at customer premises
- Setting up and using flash devices and flash file systems
- Configuration and Troubleshoot of the devices based on a request from Tech support
- Maintain and manage devices public key infrastructure
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls
- Writing Bash, PHP scripts/use tools to automate the deployments
- Supports development of project plans, including scope, budget, schedules and risk management.
- Works closely with the software development and verification team, the functional manager and the project manager
- Works collaboratively with different regional service and support team members to resolve field issues related to connectivity at customer location
- Build and customize off the shelf software for a compatible device.